Thursday, December 23, 2010

6.5 to 6/5/11

Day 1:

I woke up this morning with a little run of the mouth remorse. Can I really run 6.5 miles on June 5th,2011? Yes I can. I got on the scale today 135.8 lbs. How could it have gotten that far? I promise I wont give you a play by play of the weight but I needed my starting point. So here goes my journey to "The Makeover" year.
Someone once told me that it takes 10 times of "reminding" for kids to let things sink in. So repetition is how it is going to work for me. I have to tell 10 people that I am training for this half of a half marathon and it will be real. It forces me to keep my promise to myself and I wont let anyone down in the process. (I hate to do that).
This quest is going to be grueling for me I have to admit but I cant back down now.( Did I mention I havent ran in 20+ yrs?)
Today at the gym I did 1 hour of step class and then went to the eliptical for 15 mins.I figure if I can do 1:15 mins of cardio I can run at least a mile, right? I was red as a beat and the stench was almost intolerable. Even my dogs wouldn't come near me...Note to self get better running shoes, wear hat to cover my redness and better deodorant.
Day 2 is tomorrow....THE RUN. My husband who is very physically fit and has signed up for the marathon is going to help me run. Hopefully change my form and push me on. (He is strong, so carrying is an opition if needed!)
I will let you know tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment